Monday, May 31, 2010

Microsoft Robbie Bach "Quits"

The only reason I know this guy is from the CES keynotes each year. Head of the entertainments (Xbox, Zune, Windows Mobile, probably TV as well) part of MS, he is apparently retiring.

So is J Allard, not someone I know so much of, who headed up the original Xbox and 360. I do remember seeing one absurd "Money programme" where they featured the then loss making Xbox, Allard had a scooter to get between bits of the office - crazy over indulging of employees!

So Xbox has been loss making, and is now making money just it seems. Windows Mobile has never impressed in terms of he figures they quote at CES. Zune - probably great but a "me too" product that has never got the mind share.

I don't blame Bach for wanting to play some more golf after 22 years. Preferably the real thing and not some Project Natal inspired game.

No comments: