Friday, January 3, 2020

Intellectual slavery - Dominic Cummings blog post

I've been meaning to read some of Dominic Cummings over detailed blog posts.   Today I read the "call to arms" on about recruiting people to aid the decision making process.

https://dominiccummings.com/2020/01/02/two-hands-are-a-lot-were-hiring-data-scientists-project-managers-policy-experts-assorted-weirdos/

It's full of technical name drop and hubris.  I can see it creating quite a stifling intellectually fearful and constrained environment (probably the opposite of what he's thinking of).

I'm nowhere near ever reading any of those papers he continually cites - but it still provided a really hilarious read in some places.

It made me think of two things:

  1. Who would want to work as an intellectual slave?
  2. Every Sir Humphrey is going to be working overtime to stop this guy!

No comments: