Sunday, January 15, 2012

TV Wishlist 3

It is now getting time for me to replace my old TV setup, and 7 year old early LCD TV, and trusty Topfield have lasted me well.

I wrote a blog almost two years ago, anticipating the arrival of a TV with PVR features, just supply your own hard disk!

http://dontgetdemoralised.blogspot.com/2010/02/tv-wishlist-2.html

But sadly it only got as far as recording, and live pause - no schedule features, no twin tuners, and definitely no series link.

That is a real missed opportunity, I suspect it the big manufacturers Samsung and Panasonic not wanting to "compete with themselves" on their STB offerings which might already offer this.

So the replacement with be both a box, and a HD freeview TV - although I can tune down the TV requirements given the vendors have failed to live up to the early promise!

No comments: