Sunday, October 9, 2011

Former Apple CEO Obituary

I found this to be a good summary of his life, and a good balance to the "loss of design icon" media mainstream. There was a lot more to Jobs than that, some good and some bad. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/technology-obituaries/8810037/Steve-Jobs-obituary.html I particularly liked reading again of the early Apple days. Clearly not quite as successful as his return to Apple with the iPod/Phone/Pad line of products but still interesting history all the same. It is very sad he died so young - I never quite subscribed to any of the products of the last 10 years, they always felt too closed and a triumph of style over substance. Clearly that is a minority view - they had an almost religious following, another thing that always perhaps made me wary. I'm sure I'd love the iPhone or iPad if I ever decided to get one, but I am pretty sure I never will.

No comments: