Sunday, July 17, 2011

Film: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Directed by David Yates

I think this is the first ever time I have gone to watch a film on the opening night and I can hardly be described as a Potter fan - as I barely know the background of the stories to make sense of the films.

I elected to watch in 2D, there might have been a handful of scenes where 3D might have bought something - but the demise of this gimmick surely cannot be far away? A shame really as technically it's clever, but as usual it is a case of because we can do something should we?

The film plot itself is pretty good, the final showdown. We're led to believe that Harry might die in his pursuit of the Hallows, but of course this is Hollywood and he does not.

The final scenes see a jump of 19 years, and Harry and co sending their children off to Hogwarts - a touch over nostalgic but you can forgive the franchise this over indulgence.

No comments: