Saturday, April 2, 2011

McDonalds

I set foot in one of these places about once every 5 years, maybe a bit more. Clearly I am not their core customer.

My friend, on the other hand, is a veteran of these establishments having once worked there and continued as a customer. I am not sure why since he complains that even having put so many thousands of pounds their way over his lifetime he has never once been asked if his food was ok - the place lacks any sort of customer service beyond the point of sale. I think it is just the wrong sort of place for that expectation, but clearly I am no expert.

But my problem is why do I find it so difficult to order something? I'll be part way through ordering something mundane and basic, and I get interrupted and asked "is this a meal deal?". I want to say "I've not been to one of these places for x years, how would I know?". Still the till staff were pleasant enough but why needlessly complicate the deals?

I appreciate it is probably me at fault, must do better next time. It is just a shame I have to wait until 2016 for my next shot.

No comments: