Monday, July 26, 2010

Book read: Six Not So-Easy Pieces by Richard P Feynman

Having read the six easy pieces, I read the follow up on holiday. An interesting read with far more equation treatment than the original.

The book is divided up into:

Vectors
Symmetry in Physical Laws
The Special Theory of Relativity
Relativistic Energy and Momentum
Space Time
Curved Space

So a heavy slant toward relativity and its implications. I want to run through the equations again, as I think it's a fairly clear treatment of what happens when the speed of light is constant for all observers.

He does kind of address my one issue with the thought experiment of the light pulse clock, slowing its time measurement as the speed increases. I always thought this could be refuted with the method of measurement being at fault and not time itself running slower.

No comments: