Saturday, January 2, 2010

TV Wishlist

I bought an unbadged LCD TV about four years ago, along with a Topfield freeview STB. Both have served me pretty well, but the TV has a fault with the sound which gradually fades when watching. I'm ok for the moment as I can play the Topfield audio through my stereo, just a bit inconvenient.

This has got me thinking what I would get next for my TV setup. I really like the Panasonic TV's I have seen, HDTV is coming to freeview, so ideally I'd like:
  • HDTV capable freeview decoder in a Panasonic (at last the HD ready would mean something!)
  • PVR type functionality in the TV, series/recommendations support.
  • USB support for external drives for recording or SD cards.
All that would make me pretty happy. If it can be done right then I do not mind having all that in a single device (save on plugs, cables, and hopefully expense).

No comments: