Saturday, February 23, 2008

Sat Nav Experience

I've always thought SatNav to be useful but probably just gimmicky. My previous uses of GPS on the move always had long times to acquire satellites, although this was with a fairly old receiver.

Now prices have dropped I thought I would try out the market leader. This is unusual for me, I usually back the up and coming brand, especially since some of the reviews of the leader said it was good with very bad customer service (amazing how quick companies get big and get like this).

Still I'm very impressed, a very well thought out device. I had a trip to do that I had only done once before, and it recalculated to the route I was taking and called the sequences of roundabouts very well.

So a happy customer, lets hope I don't ever have to call support...

No comments: