Sunday, May 4, 2014

E-book read The Hitchikers Trilogy by Douglas Adams

I only ever read the first of the books, The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy when I was younger.   By the time I had read that the BBC series had been broadcast - so I did not then read Restaurant at the End of the Universe, or Life the Universe and Everything.

So I had been meaning to read them again - they contain a lot of humour and word play that would have passed me by before.  Also a lot of philosophical ideas about life are present especially in the first book.

I think the first book is the strongest with a lot of clever ideas in there, by the time you get to Life the Universe and Everything it feels like the attempt at a story line has taken over from the comedy and ideas.

Still great to be able to read them again - I will move onto books 4 and 5 of the trilogy soon.

No comments: