Monday, October 4, 2010

Alan Sugar interviewed by Piers Morgan

The normally banal interview programmes turned up a rare good one. Alan Sugar was interviewed and taken through the various stages of his life.

I'm by no means a Sugar fan, but he came across quite well and the latter stages of the programme showed his somewhat humble beginnings. From the window of his school the city and square mile buildings could be seen. Sugar said "those guys have made enough out of me over the years, and tell me what they do in return". Referring to the floating of his business in the 1980s, and Tottenham Hotspur dealings. This is one point I think he was totally justified in saying.

I was also quite impressed he valued his integrity, and fairness in his business dealings - although that is slightly at odds with previous stories I read over the years.

Still an interesting self made man, he has to answer to no one and he did tolerate the interviewing style of Morgan pretty well.

No comments: